Sunday, February 10, 2008

Spring is Finally Here!





I walked outside tonight to bring the laundry in and I smelled the flowers for the first time.  You wouldn't think that there is a flower blooming "smell" here in Arizona but there is.  Spring is my favorite time of year . . . it means summer is coming.  

You might think I'm nuts, how could I like the summer?  I don't like it, I LOVE it!  Summer means freedom, no job, no cares in the world, waking up late, staying up late, shopping, swimming, forgetting that we ever had jobs.  I can't wait!

April is almost here too, and then one more year until the wedding.  I try not to look back at my posts on here hoping that this time next year it will be neat to read them and reflect on how much has changed in our lives.  Spring means a fresh start, spring means shedding off those winter worries and embarking on something new.  Spring doesn't mean forgetting, but just moving on.

Let's hope that June was right, right about how we were dealt a pretty crappy deck of cards early in the year so that the rest of the year goes smoothly.  I hope she is, I hope there is no more loss this year.  I hope that for everyone.

The flower smell is stuck in my nose as I type this.  I can't wait to see what April 4th is going to be like - will it be cold?  Will I have to wear a sweater?  Will it smell good outside?  Will the sun set at 8 like it's supposed to?  So many questions that only one day can answer, one day that leads to the most important day a year from then.  I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait . . .
I got the flu this year even though I got a flu shot.  I think it was God telling me to slow down and take it easy.  I think I worry too much - about my dad, about everyone being happy - I wasn't spending enough time worrying about myself and so I got sick.  It was awful but this weekend has been a total blessing, taking it slow and relaxing.  Sometimes we get too caught up in life, it goes too fast to reflect and we just move forward forgetting to take in everything around us.  It's time for us to slow down, it's spring time.

We gotta get the backyard ready for swimming, we gotta pull the weeds in the front yard so we don't get cited again by the city - so much to do but the weather is gorgeous so being outside doesn't seem so bad.  The winter drags on (even though it's only about a month!) and when the warm weather hits I take out my flippies (flip flops) and put on a tank top and feel in my element once again.  Could I live in a cold weather place?  I don't think so . . .

We made our 8th cake for Nani's 78th birthday this year, I put the picture above.  We also went to the military vehicle show and Eb found his dream truck.  He knew  he wanted it but never saw it in person before - so that pic is above too.

Enjoy the weather, get out and play and slow down a bit to take it all in and enjoy life!

No comments: